The DDLS provides information, education and training about legal rights and responsibilities under disability discrimination laws for people with disabilities and the general community.
For service providers, businesses and government, this service is provided at a reasonable cost. For people with disabilities and their associates, disability advocacy workers, community legal centre workers and for open public seminars, this service is provided free of charge.
Our workshops can be provided person-to-person if it is safe to do so, or via webinar.
Our training workshops can be tailored to address the particular needs and size of your organisation or community group. We have previously prepared and presented seminars about:
- What is disability discrimination?
- Rights of people with disabilities who have assistance animals
- Rights of students with disabilities in schools
- Disclosing disability to employers during the job application process and during employment
- Disability discrimination law and Covid 19.
Please contact our Community Legal Education Solicitor at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 9654 8644 to make an inquiry about a DDLS training workshop for your organisation or community group.